Earn your IS Degree Online.
For most companies, raw technology isn’t a revenue generator. It’s the business application of the innovation that matters. That’s why the University of Alabama at Birmingham offers a bachelor’s in information systems online degree as well as a master’s in management information systems online degree. Each program is intentionally offered through the School of Business, since the importance of developing enterprise knowledge is critical to the 21 st-century information systems professional.
UAB’s School of Business is recognized by The Princeton Review in its 2013 edition of “Best 296 Business Schools” as one of the best in the nation. The School of Business is also accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
Choose from two degrees:
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems (BS IS)
- Provides a solid foundation in information systems and business knowledge
- Applies to many career paths from technical positions to assisting non-technical users
- Offers an ideal starting point for pursuing study at the graduate level
Master of Science in Management Information Systems (MS MIS)
- Structured with advanced concentrations: IT Management, Information Security, or Web and Mobile Development
- Designed for experienced professionals with a knowledge base in information systems
- Developed to produce a heightened business sense, strategic management skills, and a refined understanding of emerging technologies
- Custom Curriculum: Whether you choose the BS IS or the MS MIS program, each course is designed with input from a dedicated IS Advisory Council to ensure students learn what is actually needed in the real world.
- International Recognition: AACSB accreditation is a true mark of distinction for the world’s top business schools. Not only did UAB earn this honor in a record-breaking two years, but it has held this distinction for nearly 30 years. A degree from UAB stands out on your resume.
- Interdisciplinary Faculty: Our faculty members come from varied disciplines (health, finance, etc.) and bring a broad perspective for how to apply IT in today’s business landscape.
- Professional Networking: Collaboration with experienced IT professionals from diverse backgrounds can enrich your online experience and continue after graduation.
- Flexible, 100% Online Learning: Courses are 100% online, and you complete one course at a time.
Today’s IT professionals are expected to not only know the tools, but how to translate them into competitive advantages. Learn how it’s done by enrolling in either our bachelor’s in information systems or master’s in management information systems online degree program today.